Each week we contribute tips to the ether of innovation in the Human Services and Education Sectors
Why Use Pinterest for Orgs and Schools?
- Access a tremendous range of (free) resources, tools, and ideas.
- Develop an index, or storage, of resources to use over and over.
- Occasionally revisit the site to gather new resources, tools, and ideas.
Use Pinterest Strategically: 3 Recommendations
- Look into resources, tools, and ideas that have an annotation attached below the image. Annotations should tell the viewer a.) how to use the item; b.) how to adapt the item; and/or c.) who the originator is that contributed the item. It is a major time saver to only look into items with annotations.
- “Pin” resources, tools, and ideas that come from evidence-based, best practices, and research-based sources. Many commercial-based entities and individuals contribute great materials, but we promote the use of open-source (free) materials.
- Use www.pinterest.com/orgassessment, the page managed by Anchoring Success. We are building 5 categories of (free) tools that folks in the Human Services and Education sectors most benefit from: a.) program assessment; b.) administrative/operation assessment; c.) technology and programming tools; d.) training materials; e.) learning, theory, and research. All 5 categories provide samples, examples, and/or tips for using the tools.
What is Pinterest?
- Pinterest is a website where thousands of contributors put out resources, tools, and ideas across a tremendous range of topic areas (e.g. cooking recipes, art techniques, K-12 teaching tools, etc.). Users of Pinterest can simply consume/use the resources, tools, and ideas, and/or can contribute resources, tools, and ideas.
- We recommend that orgs and schools use Pinterest primarily as a consumer of the resources, tools, and ideas. Develop a profile account and start collecting, or metaphorically “pin,” resources, tools, and ideas. Your profile account is where you will store and organize the items that you collect.
- As a consumer, focus on resources, tools, and ideas that directly support your org’s staff climate and/or the org’s mission and goals.
We love to hear about your use and experiments with Pinterest. Please share them with us at [email protected]
Brought to you by AnchoringSuccess.com
Weekly Assessment Tips: a Vlog that supports assessment in the Human Services and Education Sectors